Full Course Description
Compassion Fatigue Certification Training for Healthcare, Mental Health and Caring Professionals
- Analyze the concept of compassion fatigue and establish how it relates to secondary trauma and burnout.
- Assess the factors that can contribute to compassion fatigue.
- Investigate the role of autonomic nervous system reactions in compassion fatigue.
- Apply assessment instruments that can be employed to identify the signs of compassion fatigue in self and others.
- Employ evidence-based strategies from mindfulness and mental health treatments to reduce stress and increase well-being.
- Demonstrate how organizations can build resiliency in their employees and increase retention.
Compassion Fatigue’s Impact on Professionals, the Workplace, and Caregivers
Red Flags to Watch for: Signs and Symptoms of Compassion Fatigue
- History of compassion fatigue
- Compassion fatigue, secondary trauma, depression, and burnout
- Recognize contributing factors
- Identify how compassion fatigue robs you of your ability to nurture
- The ethics of self-care – research evidence
The Compassion and Empathy Toolkit: How to Maintain Purpose, Fulfillment and Thrive
- The nervous system’s role in CF and its symptomology
- Assessment instruments for self and others
- Identify triggers for emotional distress
- Review your personal/professional history
Conquer Burnout with Strategies To: De-Stress, Manage Emotions, Reduce Anxiety, and Stop Feeling Overwhelmed
- Reset during the workday with strategies to:
- Restore compassion & clarity
- Reconnect with the rewards
- Raise your gratitude quotient
- Apply your signature strengths in new ways
- Build competence and compassion by being present
Create a Healthy Home/Work Balance
- Deep breathing exercises for immediate calm
- Right here/right now – stay in the moment to reduce anxieties
- Effective and healthy ways to manage your emotions
- Change limiting stories about caring for yourself
- Release the negative – 3 steps to countering negativity bias
Retention and Resiliency Strategies: How Organizations and Individuals Can Build Better Work Environments
- Bring calm after work hours with relaxation techniques
- Restore body & mind with awareness
- Stop replaying your day – strategies to end rumination
- How to rewire your brain towards happiness
- Food as medicine – nutrition tips for enhancing resiliency and wellbeing
- How cleansing the toxic workplace combats compassion fatigue
- Manage bullying and blaming
- Communication strategies for collaborative relationships
- Stair-steps towards building resilient practitioners
- Empowering leadership for change