- Average Rating:
2 Hours 50 Minutes
- Audio and Video
Mar 24, 2019
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
- Also available:
Suzanne Iasenza is a psychologist and sex therapist. She's a faculty member at the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis and the Postgraduate Program in Couples and Family Therapy of Adelphi University’s Derner Institute.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Employ a detailed sexual history for partners to help them understand their current sexual narratives and how to create more liberating stories.
- Use techniques to empower both partners to make explicit their “menus” for preferred sexual activities as a way of expanding their repertoire for more genuine erotic satisfaction.
- Explain how to help couples use sensate focus as a meditative tool to enhance their sexual development.
- Integrate psychodynamic, systems, and cognitive behavioural approaches into couples sex therapy.
Conducting a detailed sexual history
Improving sexual communication in couples
- How to collect sexual history information in a conversational way
- Identifying conscious and unconscious sexual narratives that affect sexuality
Utilizing the Sensate Focus Technique to improve mindful sexual awareness
- How to co-create safe therapeutic space to discuss sexuality
- The Sexual Menu Assignment
Assessing experiences with Mindfulness Sensate Focus
- How and when to introduce Mindfulness Sensate Focus
- Addiction Counselors
- Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Other Behavioral Health Professionals.
Total Reviews: 2