- Average Rating:
Reid Wilson, Ph.D.
1 Hour 55 Minutes
- Audio and Video
Mar 18, 2016
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
Reid Wilson, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist who directs the Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center in Chapel Hill and Durham, NC. He is also Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. He is author of the just released Stopping the Noise in Your Head: The New Way to Overcome Anxiety and Worry and the classic self-help book Don’t Panic: Taking Control of Anxiety Attacks. He is co-author of Stop Obsessing! How to Overcome Your Obsessions and Compulsions, as well as Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents: 7 Ways to Stop the Worry Cycle and Raise Courageous & Independent Children.
Dr. Wilson is a Founding Clinical Fellow of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) and Fellow of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT). In 2014, he was honored with the ADAA’s Jerilyn Ross Clinician Advocate Award – the highest national award in his field. He designed and served as lead psychologist for American Airlines’ first national program for the fearful flier and currently serves as the expert for WebMD’s Panic and Anxiety Community.
Financial: Reid Wilson is the director at the Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center. Dr. Wilson is an adjunct associate professor of psychiatry at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Reid Wilson is a Founding Clinical Fellow of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA); and Fellow of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT).
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Explain how to rapidly engage anxious clients in the therapeutic alliance and change their mindset toward their fears.
- Identify why the first step to changing an overwhelming response to anxiety is accepting the perceived threat as something the client can approach and change.
- Implement strategies to help clients transform their fear into a challenge to be met or a puzzle to be solved.
Introduction to anxiety disorders and treatment methods
- Protocol to apply to all anxiety disorders
- Overview of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other specific anxiety disorder treatment methods
Experiencing the treatment of anxiety disorders
- Video demonstrations of cognitive behavioral therapy in-session
- Summary and analysis video sessions
- Discussion of anxiety and trauma
Question and answer session with Reid Wilson and concluding remarks
- Final remarks about in-session videos
- Reid Wilson answers audience questions about treating anxiety disorders
Addiction Counselors, Case Managers, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 834