- Average Rating:
Saj Razvi, MA, LPC
6 Hours 16 Minutes
- Audio and Video
Feb 25, 2016
- Product Code:
- Media Type:
Trauma Recovery Institute
Saj Razvi, MA, LPC, is a co-founder of Trauma Dynamics in Denver, CO, he is also a sub-investigator for the MAPS sponsored FDA trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for treatment resistant PTSD, and faculty at the University of Denver's Center for Professional Development. He is a trauma expert and researcher who also leads Trauma Dynamics trainings at the University of Denver and nationally for graduate students, professional therapists and medical professionals. Saj is the co-author of Trauma Dynamics: A Therapist's Guide to the Art & Science of Healing PTSD Through the Body.
Access for Self-Study (Non-Interactive)
Access never expires for this product.
- Analyze the various memory systems and know which interventions are appropriate to each memory system.
- Describe how the nervous system can be used in trauma resolution.
- Recognize and track clients for the 5 major autonomic nervous system stress and trauma states.
- List the 4 key phases of working with traumatized clients and how to clinically work within each phase.
- Summarize the dangers, value and need of working traumatic transference that is part of complex, relational PTSD.
- Identify the initial conditions required for trauma resolution to occur.
- Explain the functional difference between sympathetic activation and parasympathetic responses to threats.
The Latest Research on Trauma
- The impact of trauma on mental illness
- The impact of trauma on physical illness
- Outcomes of unresolved trauma
How and Where Trauma is Stored
- How to navigate the three memory systems
- Semantic (narrative) memory
- Event (autonomic) memory
- Procedural (behavioral) memory
- Strategies for matching specific interventions to memory systems
The Autonomic Nervous System
- 5 discrete autonomic nervous system states used to respond to trauma
- Mild stress to full dissociation
- Bottom-up processing
4 Essential Phases of Trauma Therapy
- (Re)establishment of boundaries, trust and attachment
- Containment through the autonomic nervous system
Trauma Therapy and Other Mental Health Disorders
- Addiction recovery
- How trauma can complicate recovery
- Integrating recovery and trauma therapy
- Differential Diagosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety-based disorders
Strategies for Traumatic Transference
- Working with transference is essential for processing trauma
- When and how to move away from and toward transference
- The 4 transferential "roles": victim, perpetrator, bystander and savior
Experiential Lab I – Somatic Containment of Stress and Trauma
- Transform the theory into practice
- Traumatic change heals by sequencing through the body
- Mindfulness to track somatic process
- Viscerally feeling the 5 different nervous system states
- Empathy for where you’re leading clients
- An entirely new understanding of how to heal PTSD
Experiential Lab II- The Foundation of Resourcing
- Resourcing as the first phase of most trauma, exposure therapies
- The skill of autonomic regulation
- Self-soothing techniques to develop new habitual coping responses
- Trauma management vs. over-resolution
- Guide clients out of trauma and stress into their own refuge
Addiction Counselors, Case Managers, Chaplains/Clergy, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers, and other Mental Health Professionals
Total Reviews: 4