When words are not enough, art can be the bridge to mental, physical and emotional well–being.
By utilizing art in therapy, you can blend cognitive behavioural skills, art-making, and creative problem solving to help clients create individualised social, emotional, and behavioural interventions that stick in their brain.
Now, this revolutionary course gives you step-by-step instructions to implement fresh new art strategies and approaches into your practice to help children regulate their emotions and behaviours formed by their struggles with trauma, ADHD, ASD, ODD, Anxiety, or Mood Disorders. You will understand when & what art supplies to use, how to recognise when your client needs more support, how to reel back when you have pushed them too far, and language you can use to talk about what your client's art creations are reflecting.
Re-energise your work with this dynamic, intervention-packed training and gain 77 approaches you can use immediately in your practice for continued growth!
Bonus! Register today and get a FREE PDF Workbook filled with 250 additional therapeutic art techniques!
Module 1: The Who, What & Why's of Art Therapy
- What is art therapy
- Who are art therapists and what do they do
- Benefits of art therapy
Module 2: Implications & Background Knowledge
- Ethical implications and limitations to practising art therapy
- Understanding the clinical impact between creating products and the creative process
- Safety precautions to take when implementing art into your practice
- 5 finger contract you can use with your clients
Module 3: Clinical Application of Using Art in Your Therapy Practice
- When to use which art materials
- Mini assessment strategies
- Cognitive behaviour strategies
- Normative development stages of drawing
- Indicators that your client needs more support
- Understanding why children shut down, meltdown & act out
Module 4: Creating a Plan for Implementation
- Strategies to build relationships and connections
- For ASD, Trauma, & ODD
- Techniques to build a sense of safety
- For Trauma, Anxiety, & Mood Disorders
- Critical thinking skills: 6 steps of the decision-making process
- Techniques and strategies to build self-esteem
- For ADHD, Anxiety, & Mood Disorders
- Real examples of client's art pieces
- Techniques and strategies to increase responsibility
- For ADHD, Trauma, ASD, ODD, Anxiety, & Mood Disorders
- Strategies to increase control
- For ADHD, Anxiety, & Mood Disorders
- What to do when you push a client too far
by Susan I Buchalter, ATR-BC, CGP, LPC
These unique 250 art exercises, based in mindfulness, CBT, and self-compassion, increase self-esteem, self-awareness and a feeling of success in artistic expression and communication, allowing clients to engage in therapeutic exercises without judgment. Using simple materials like paper, pencils and markers, these techniques can be immediately implemented in your practice to help your clients with anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, relationship issues, life changes and more!
Laura Dessauer, Ed.D., ATR-BC, is a board-certified art therapist with a doctoral degree in counselling psychology working with families for 25+ years in over 21 school districts. Dr. Dessauer’s work has been included in Parent’s Magazine, eHow Parenting, YourTango, FoxNews, PBS “This Emotional Life”, Lifetime Network, Working Mother, and Psychology Today. Dr Dessauer is contributing author of “Healing with Art and Soul: Engaging One’s Self Through Art Modalities” (Cambridge Scholars, 2009). She has presented at the Eighteenth Annual National Expressive Therapy Conference, National American Art Therapy Association 40th Anniversary Conference, and American Art Therapy Association Institute for Creative Education in Art Therapy (ICE/AT), and has created international online training courses for therapists.
Dr. Dessauer is passionate about helping families develop creative ways to confidently communicate and creatively connect. In her private practice, she specialises in working with children who shutdown, meltdown and act out. She playfully blends cognitive behavioural skills, art-making, and creative problem solving to help clients create individualized social, emotional, and behaviours interventions that “stick to their brain”. She has created a relaxation CD, “The Creativity Queen’s Superfabulicious Self-Soothing CD”, and therapeutic colouring book, “The Creativity Queen’s Superfabulicious Colorific Adventure Book” for her clients. Her business, the Creativity Queen, LLC, was the winner of the 2007 Small Business of the Year Award (SCORE).
Register for this intensive training course without risk. If you're not completely satisfied, give us a call at 01235847393 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.