HOW THIS COURSE WORKS
Whether you're just starting out or looking to establish yourself in this growing field, this entirely on-demand program
is the perfect fit, allowing you to get the knowledge, skills, and techniques you need for this unique type of counselling — all from the convenience of your home or office.
In over 48 hours of self-paced recorded video content
, you'll join a board of experts for a step-by-step learning experience featuring detailed clinical instruction, case studies, practice tips, unique techniques for this population, assessments, and more.
You'll begin by mastering the essentials of trauma treatment with internationally recognized psychologist Dr. Arielle Schwartz, ensuring you have the solid foundation you need for effective work with PTSD and complex traumas.
Then you'll join Sandra L. Brown, M.A., and her board of association experts for in-depth content based on the latest research and their decades of experience
For twenty years, they've helped thousands of clinicians get the skills and tools they need to work with survivors of narcissistic abuse.
They'll show you exactly what to do when you're in the therapy room
with actionable plans for treatment success including specifics on working with — cognitive dissonance, abuse, trauma—both typical and 'atypical', coercive control, survivor high conflict cases, the survivor's personality proclivities in targeting,
and more. You'll also get updated content on the latest neurobiology of personality disorders to better understand the survivor's pathological partner.
You'll end this course feeling completely ready to take on anything your caseload throws at you, as they cover it all from the basics to the intricate nuances of the work so you can:
You'll even get the specialized treatment manual written exclusively for this population, including over 300 pages
- Fully understand the essentials of Cluster B/psychopathy, trauma, and personality science
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of narcissistic abuse
- Differentiate Pathological Love Relationships from other stereotypical domestic violence, addictive, co-dependent, or dysfunctional relationships
- Understand manipulation tactics like gaslighting, love bombing, and more
- Effectively stabilize clients for trauma treatment
- Help clients develop healthy boundaries, self-esteem, and assertiveness skills to prevent future abuse and promote healing
- Understand their personality proclivities that cause targeting
- Support clients navigating legal challenges associated with narcissistic abuse, such as divorce and custody battles
- Apply CBT, DBT, and trauma-focused therapies with this population
- And much more!
that gives you everything you need, from intake forms to step-by-step instructions and guides on applying uniquely created techniques for this population.
Best of all, at the end of the course, you'll receive a displayable Certificate from The Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment, Research & Education, the field body international Association
letting clients know you've learned to provide the skilled treatment they're looking for.