Trauma and the strong emotions that come with it wreak havoc in your kids' lives.
They feel unsafe, overwhelmed, angry, frozen, and disconnected… making it harder for you to connect and access their inner world.
Luckily for you, polyvagal-inspired play therapy changes all that!
Play therapy creates a safe environment for kids to explore their emotions AND when you combine it with the gentle power of polyvagal-informed interventions you can easily and quickly calm your kid's nervous system and get them on the track to healing trauma… in the very first session!
Join Jackie Flynn, EDS, LMHC-S, RPT, and Dora Henderson, LMHC, RPT-S, two passionate expert Play Therapy experts and traumatologists, in this immersive and experiential course where they demystify the complexities of the Polyvagal Theory and show you step-by-step how to integrate into Play Therapy!
Sit alongside Jackie and Dora in real in-session demonstrations where you learn how to use nature-based play, animal imagery, movement, puppets, and more to interact with kids on their level, helping them to become "body detectives". Walk away with a therapeutic toolbox filled with practical, ready-to-apply Polyvagal-inspired Play Therapy techniques that you can immediately use in your practice.Jackie and Dora will teach you how to…
- Help kids manage stress, express themselves, regulate emotions, and navigate relationships
- Work through complex trauma gently and sensitively with activities that make kids feel safe
- Create a culturally inclusive play therapy office with diverse fabrics, materials, and more
- Attune with kids' nervous systems to cultivate rapid trust and co-regulation
- Help kids become "body detectives" by introducing complex terms with fun puppets and toys
PLUS, as a bonus, FREE play therapy resources including over 30 printable activity sheets, colourful handouts, and so much more!
Register now to inspire healing in even the most painful of realities by skillfully helping kids regulate their nervous systems, get back in touch with their bodies, and grow-up thriving!
and get exclusive bonus resources…
into play therapy step-by-step with all your young clients.
- Facilitate healing from even the most painful trauma histories
- Safely increase awareness and tolerance emotions and bodily sensations
- Enhance kid's recognition of emotions, in self and others
- Expand self-awareness, nurture empathy, and enhance autonomic flexibility
- Tips to build diversity, equity and inclusion into play therapy practice
- Co-regulation strategies you can use with any child
Integrate & Apply Polyvagal Play Therapy
- Access the social engagement system in aggressive situations
- Increase attunement via Mirroring Game, Mimes, Ball Toss, and more!
- Widen the window of tolerance through peek-a-boo, hide and seek & more
- Embodied play therapy through animal-based yoga forms
- Strengthen connection and dual awareness with nature, movement, and more!
- Co-regulate and increase social engagement through Expressive Arts and Sandtray
The Best Tools to Soothe Kids' Autonomic Nervous Systems
- Tools to reboot the brain and body from big meltdown moments
- Explore Porges' Polyvagal Theory as it relates to Play Therapy
- Key differences between top down and bottom up approaches
- Identify arousal states and increase mind-body awareness
- Help kids express themselves in healthy ways
- Create a judgement-free zone for kids
- Target the vagal brake to shift nervous system states
- How survival states impact relationships & inhibit social connections
- Reconceptualize behaviors as survival adaptations
- Strengthen capacity to move in and out of defensive states
- Adapt responses to social and environmental cues
- Create puppets as self-expression tools
- Role play with animal metaphors for coregulation and safety
Creatively Explore the Neuroception of Safety
- "Pollyscan" body tracker for cues of safety & danger
- How the body takes action for the sake of survival through neuroception
- A somatic journey through the neuron friends in your body
- Strengthen resilience against future challenges
- Release trapped energy through movement
- Customizable techniques for chronic stress and trauma
Help Kids Become "Super Body Detectives!"
- Introduce The 'Ception Force Friends™ to get kids on board
- Create a multi-cultural friendly practice with appropriate fabrics, materials, and metaphors that represent ALL children
- Support co-regulation and neuroception with animal-themed imagery
- Incorporate nature-based play for accessing deeper somatic levels
- Discover "Miss Polly Vagal" and your vagus nerve inside of you!
- Fun ways to map kids' nervous systems
Get 34 pages of fun, printable activities you can do alongside your young clients right in session. These colourful and versatile handouts make talking about complex ideas simple to boost co-regulation and attunement with kids!
You can't get these exclusive handouts anywhere else!
We’re that confident you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.