Join Windy Dryden for a 1-day live video CPD workshop and discover how to transform your skills!
Webcast Streaming Date: 19 February 2021
Conventional therapy assumes that the client will attend a series of sessions to reach their healing goals.
But the reality is, countless clients are showing up for just one therapy session…
…and then will walk away feeling more hopeless and despairing than when they started.
When a client has committed precious time for that first session, do you feel confident in helping them right where they need you the most?
Join world-renowned CBT innovator and author Windy Dryden to get the foundations you need for Single-Session Therapy success … including how to effectively assess and help you client from the moment they walk into your office.
Don’t make your clients wait to receive the help they seek…gain the breakthrough, single-session skills and mindset you need to truly make a difference!
- 6 hours of live-streaming CPD viewable from the comfort of your home or office
- Printable presenter slides or manual – so you can easily follow along and take notes
- Unlimited access to all video and materials — to review the content when you need it
- Instant access to your CPD certificate
Here is what you will learn when you register for this course:
- The difference between Single-Session Therapy by design, and Single -Session Therapy by default.
- The importance of intentionality and client consent in Single Session Therapy.
- The capacity of humans to help themselves, and how it informs/affects the role of time in therapy.
- How clients behave in the real world, and our ability as therapists to predict this behaviour.
- Why Single-Session Therapy is a mindset, not a therapeutic approach.
- The potential for any client to be both assessed and helped in a single session.
- Why some help at the point of need is better than “full” help much later.
- How to prepare your client for Single-Session Therapy, and quickly establish a working alliance.
- Techniques to combine your strengths and resources with those of your client to find and implement solutions.
- How to handle last minute issues and end your client session well.
- When, why, and how you should follow up with your Single-Session client.
Windy Dryden, is Emeritus Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies at Goldsmiths University of London and is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. He has authored or edited 233 books. His current interests are in single-session and very brief interventions within a therapy and coaching context. Relevant publications include: ‘When Time is at a Premium’ (Rationality Publications, 2016), ‘Single Session Integrated CBT: Distinctive Features’ (Routledge, 2017) and ‘Very Brief Cognitive-Behavioural Coaching’ (Routledge, 2017). His book, ‘Very Brief Therapeutic Conversations’ (Routledge, 2018) is focused on work he has done conducting live demonstrations of therapy/coaching in front of an audience that last 30 minutes or less. He has done more than 380 such demonstrations all over the world.
His latest books are ‘Single-Session Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques’ (Routledge, 2019) which outlines the theoretical underpinnings and practical applications of the single-session mindset, ‘Single-Session One-At-A-Time Therapy: A Rational Emotive Behavioural Approach’ (Routledge, 2019) which presents an REBT perspective on SST/OAAT, Single-Session Therapy: Distinctive Features (Routledge, 2019) which outlines the theoretical and practical distinctive features of this way of working with clients and The Single-Session Counselling Primer: Principles and Practice which is a comprehensive introduction to SST for counsellors.
His goal is to disseminate SST/OAAT with the hope that it might help provide help at the point of need within the NHS, a form of IAPT where the ‘I’ stands for ‘Immediate’.
Booking terms and conditions for live events:
In the event you are unable to attend a workshop, conference, webcast or retreat please send a cancellation email to email@example.com.
If you contact us before the event date, you may exchange your booking for the event recording (if available), booking to attend another event, or a refund. We are cancelling all cancellation administration fees of £50 during this unprecedented time to give you greater peace of mind when booking with us.
If you contact us the day of the event or after, you can receive the event recording or a gift certificate.
Occasionally, changes are made due to speaker availability, participant demand or unforeseen circumstances. While PESI UK will do everything possible to ensure participant satisfaction, PESI UK's liability is limited to the event fee only.